Stacey

Women crush Wednesday!

Oh my god, I have wanted to be Stacey McGill since I started reading the books in kindergarten/late 1991. She's always been my favorite character, with Claudia as a close second. 

Stacey was everything I wasn't; great at math, fashionable, confident, pretty, blonde, posh, metropolitan, I could go on and on. I remember thinking her perms were so cool and grown up and I longed to be her. Even her diabetes didn't get her down, sometimes it would land her in the hospital, but she would learn from it, manage her disease better, and get stronger. She was my hero as a kid.

I'm so glad that Stacey remained largely unchanged in the new series. Probably the only big difference is Stacey has an insulin pump now. Love the modern take!

All of the BSC characters, in the books, were always wise/mature beyond their age, Stacey especially. She was able to navigate NYC and live her life like a full grown adult, so it made sense *SPOILER* for the series to have her be nominated as a spokesperaon for a diabetes foundation magazine. The episode referenced the 'Stacey's Emergency' book and brought it in to the 21st century. 

In continuing with following the books, Stacey's parents are having problems. I'm curious to see if they'll be heading in the same direction (it certainly seems that way) and if so, will the arrangement for Stacey stay similar? 

Up next, Dawn. (And wow, did she get the best modern update!!!) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite