Mallory

Growing up, I was a Mallory, I wanted to be a Stacey. I remember loathing my glasses and braces and cursing the fact that I wasn't able to resemble my favorite character in any way, but I digress. 

Mallory is played by Vivian Watson and she does such a lovely job. At first this season, I wasn't sure why Mallory was coming off as annoying but when I thought about it, it makes sense. She's younger than the other girls and she wants to fit in and make a good impression, so she comes off strong. 

I love that Mallory is this excitable go-getter in the show and that her personality isn't defined by glasses, braces, and having a million siblings. 

It's also nice to see Mallory coming off more real. In the books she acts like a 16 year old in terms of maturity and seems like she's a practically a prodigy. While yes, of course there are people like that, sometimes Mallory came off not believable in the books. The show humanizes her.

The show has definitely focused on the five older officers but Mallory still gets her moments. Her interactions with Claudia were great and she comes off as a believable and modern girl. I would definitely like some Mallory and Jessi screen time in future episodes. 

Up next, Jessi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite