Missing Travel

Traveling is one of my favorite things to do and I haven't been able to do it since the very end of January 2020. 

Oftentimes, I find myself fantasizing about Greece or Spain or Hawaii. Anyplace that's different from New England, really. 

On my way home from work today, I started to daydream about a vacation, and remembered a funny story from a plane ride six years ago.

At the time, I was working at a daycare. My husband and I had Friday-Friday off. I was so excited for sunshine, beaches, and quiet- a stark contrast from the small, dimly lit preschool, with wood chip covered playgrounds and constant noise. 

Elated, instead of usual nervous flyer self, I happily made my way to my seat and settled in. I took out my headphones and plugged them in, ready to mindlessly watch a movie and zone out. 

My TV was broken. It was stuck, loudly, on Doc McStuffins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite