Haggard

Messy bun, chipped nail polish, hunched back, blue light overdose- but damnit, I just finished a major edit and overhaul of my novel. 

I was convinced it was done back in June. Then I did some edits and was convinced it was perfect. Then I did a lot of queries. A lot. Then I did nothing for awhile, except get rejections. 

My godmother read (what I thought was) my completed draft (thank you, Queen!) and when she pointed out a few things to me, she opened up my editing floodgates in the best possible way. 

Since Saturday morning, and every second I haven't been at work, I have been working on a total overhaul. You couldn't tell me that my original draft wasn't everything and *cringe* I should have climbed down off my high horse a lot sooner. This new draft is ions better.

My plan is to take the rest of this week and add the final touches, since next week is #pitmad and I will be wholeheartedly participating. 

My dream and my goal is to get my book out by January. I'm terrified, but I can't help but think of what Erin Hanson said-

"Oh but my darling, What if you fly?” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite