Cardinal

This morning when I woke up, I had a feeling that the beginning of my novel needed a big overhaul. I was fairly certain my instinct was right, but I wasn't sure if I had it in me to edit 95,000 words worth of work on an android. 

I wrestled with my revelation before climbing out of bed. As I walked by a window in my house, in my head I went back and forth between "No, It's great" and "I really think the beginning needs a total change" and then I heard a series of chirps. I peered out the window and gasped.

In the back yard, in the middle of our only tree, sat a bright red cardinal. Instantly, I knew I was heading in the right direction. I knew to trust my voice and revisit my book. 

When my beloved grandmother died years ago, I started seeing cardinals everywhere. I soon learned that when you see a cardinal, it means a deceased loved one is visiting you. Ever since, whenever I felt sad or something was wrong, more often than not, a cardinal would appear. 

After admiring the sweet little bird in our yard, I sat down on the couch and began editing my book and so far, it is much better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite