Excerpts from a Blog

I used to guest write on a blog called Sox Talks. Please enjoy four excerpts from an  April 2010 entry...


Speechless in Seattle Boston



"The 2010 Red Sox season has been underway for almost exactly one month, and I still don’t know what to say or what to make of them.  I had more of an opinion in the off-season.  Now, I just find myself stumped. What do I make of these guys? 


The opening day game had me calling everyone a bum.  Sheesh, I usually save that kind of talk for late August or September."




"Look at the stat board; they’re in fourth place in the AL East, and they’re three games under 500...So, what’s the problem?


I guess the most obvious problem is the partial loss of Tek.  No one can call a game as he does, and it shows." 



"As much as I hate to say it, look at the Yankees.  How many big guys are on the team? They’ve got Jeter, A-Rod, Teixeira, Posada…these are some major producers.  Who do we have on the Sox?"



"The Sox season is supposed to come as a relief.  Great baseball, summer’s around the corner, no more snow, no more school, it comes at a time when everyone seems to slow down a bit and just enjoy everything.  This season though, it’s brought confusion.  Hopefully it’s just a matter of getting past the April blahs and gearing up for some May madness...win or lose with the Sox , there’s always something to talk about."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite