Everley Moves On

After hanging up our coats and my purse, Enzo gestured around,

     "It's not much, but the rent is sky high and the kitchen sink clogs once a month!"

I let out a little laugh,

     "It's nice! And I love the view. The city looks so beautiful from up here." I couldn't help but smile as I looked out the window at the people on the sidewalk, and listened to the cars and tourists. The wind blew in and I breathed the smell of autumn, subway, and metal windowscreen. I turned around to see Enzo smiling at me. "What?"

     "Nothing." He shrugged a little, then reached out one hand. I took it, and he pulled me close and kissed me. When he leaned back he said,

     "I'd give you the tour of the rest of my apartment but," He motioned around, "This is it." 

     "But what about the bedroom?" I turned redder than my sweater as soon as I said it, immediately shutting my eyes in embarasment. 

Enzo laughed out loud. He walked a few steps to the right and motioned to a small white door. I followed him to it and peeked in. There was an unmade bed with a big down comforter, a hard wood floor with exrea wide planks, and clothes were strewn everywhere. There was a tiny closet in the corner next to a small dresser. 

     "Not a fan of using either of those?" I joked, pointing to the beuro and closet. 

     "Nah," he replied with a smile. 

We walked back over to the main area of his apartment and I sat down on the small sofa. 

     "I'm going to shave and change, then we can go to lunch?" I nodded. "Help yourself to anything, and make yourself at home."

     "Thanks."

As Enzo headed into the bathroom to get ready,  I found myself grinning. Finally letting go of the past felt so good. I was...happy and hopeful. I'd forgotten what either of those emotions were like. Moving on was turning out better than I'd hoped. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite