Umut

I used to live in words and numbers. 30,000, 60,000, 95,000, words in my novel. 327 pages. 4 months to write. A solid 2 weeks to edit- and I mean I must've spent 2 weeks time editing. Commas, periods, quotations, removing unnecessary that's.

Now I live in just numbers.

33 queries. 7 rejections. Agencies saying that they only accept 1/10 of 1% of authors who query them each year.

There's this quote from huffpost.com-

"Stephen King's first big novel, Carrie, was rejected 30 times. He tossed it in the wastebasket but his wife fished it out. He earned $39 million in 2012."

It's daunting, but surprisingly not soul crushing. It's kind of fun. It's like urgently trying to win a game where the prize is all your dreams come true. So until that day, umut. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite