Keep Going

Never give up.

You can do it. 

Stay strong.


These might be overused, obvious, and borderline corny, but if nothing else, they're helpful. 


Sending out queries is so exhausting. It's a professional and very formal request to try and entice an agent to be interested in your work. While I want to beg and plead in each query, I don't. While I want to send a picture of me crying with a caption that reads 'Please love me' I don't. It's hard to be so formal While feeling so unbelievably vulnerable. Imagine pitching your heart and soul to a stranger. 


I keep thinking of this quote from Cassandra Lipp:


"Perhapd the biggest skill a writer can learn to aid their career is to learn to keep going in the face of rejection."


Write on, you crazy diamonds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite