Trashcan

It was the first hot day of spring, and I was at the at playground with the two kids I nanny. As they've grown older, they need me less and less, and often in times like this, I sit back and watch as they snack or run around or make friends. This was the case as the youngest finished their snack and went to throw the wrapper away. Instead of pushing the trash through the little flap and moving on, I watched in horror as the trash went through the flap, followed by the child's arms, head, neck, and part of their shoulders. I jumped up in horror, no sound coming out as I helplessly watched that little body get utterly doused in billions of germs. As soon as they were close, I asked why they had done that, as I began spraying them down with hand sanitizer. My answer was a mellow,

"Because I fit, and I wanted to see where the trash went."  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite