I Tried so Hard to Help

"Sara! My name is Sara!" I was trying to help a desperate young woman on the shore of a marina somewhere in Texas.

I was having an incredibly realistic dream. It was so real that when I woke up, I did a google search for people named Sara in Texas. I didn't find anything but couldn't shake the feeling of how real this dream had felt.

I'd been walking on a long and winding sidewalk near a marina peppered with large white boats. It was really hot, the sun was beating down, and I longed to jump in the water next to me to cool off. I walked by some construction workers, who made me cross the street to get around their work. When I got back on the sidewalk, I came across two women who seemed panicked. 

I approached the one with blonde hair and sunglasses and asked if she was okay. The other woman seemed to fade away as Sara frantically told me her name and started crying. We both looked around the marina, then tried to figure out what to do. The last thing I remember before waking up was her hunching over and crying out,

"Please, my father beats me. He uses the floor tiles from his job. Please."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite