Nez

Forty-three days ago

I was so excited

But I also knew 

It was the end

That farewell

Meant just that


I wore my decades old dress

Took the last few straws

Of childhood 

And had one last brush

With the long ago


No guitar

Only smiles and song

A love of thirty years

And yours of many more

Two heroes of my youth

My always

Truth be told


So I did my parting

Fuller and happy

Doleful and nostalgic 

Went about the world

Still listening

I know I'll never stop


In a mix of mushy snow

I thought of October

The love you bring

Wondering when 

Dreading it

The intuition planted 


And so the pass

The end

An inevitable I was dreading

My heart a drum beat

As I searched for the truth

And then confirmed it


He was looking

For the door

To the next

For he has all that he needs



RIP, Mike Nesmith. Gone but never forgotten. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite