CAEB

I looked at my Fitbit. It was 1:00. Fredrick would sleep until about 2:30. We would leave to pick up Francis from preschool at 2:45. I had time to start another load of laundry. I should probably add Fredricks' clothes in as well; he went through onesies like crazy.

I gazed down the foyer, then up the tan carpeted stairs. I wanted to pass out from exhaustion just thinking about climbing up to the second floor and making my way into the baby's room. I sighed but started walking. I paused at the foot of the staircase. I felt my eyes closing as I began to dredge myself up. I was using the railing excessively, but that only made my arms as tired as my legs and the rest of my body. 

When I finally reached the top, I wanted to cry. Something was very wrong. I'd been exhausted before, but not like this. I looked down the hallway. There was no way I could make it to Fredricks' room to collect his laundry, and I certainly couldn't make the journey back down the stairs.  

Sensing defeat, I gave up and sat right down on the carpeted floor. The rug smelled as if it had been recently shampooed. Unable to help myself, I laid down. For once, I was glad for the Goldstein's obsessive cleaning schedule because I was now face down in their rug and almost instantly fell into a deep sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite