Long & Winding

My book took 4 months to write, I 'finished' it last June. 

I'm STILL editing it and picking it apart.

I'm 17 months in. 

After finishing my book I had to learn how and who to query. I spent hours, so many freaking hours, trying to figure out how to query and market. While I was trying to build my website and Twitter. While getting rejected constantly. While having a job and 8 pets.

I gave up querying in late winter due to mental health. 

By chance/luck/magic/who knows what, I found some people who seem interested. Things are progressing. I am cautiously ecstatic. They are lovely and make me feel seen and I badly, desperately, want to work with them.

There are many steps. There are many questions. There is still tweaking and editing to do. 

I think and write and hope and yearn and doubt and convince at all hours of the day and night.

I want this so badly. I'm willing to do the work. I will make this happen. I will see this through. 

...All the while I have to put on an 'everything is great!!!' face, because, you know, life. 

I want this book to be #2 of a four-part series.

Buckle up!

46 days, give or take. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite