"These Are The Days of Miracle and Wonder"

(Blog title is a Paul Simon lyric from The Boy in the Bubble.)


I usually jump at the chance to do any type of traveling. When work asked, almost a year ago, if I'd meet them down the coast to help them out with a family wedding, I said yes, but insisted I didn't want to stay longer than was necessary. Glad I made that choice. Not glad that I ever agreed to go. It's funny how priorities change, how everything changes, really. Giving up becomes rejuvenation. Apathy becomes bravery. Emptiness becomes unbridled joy and love.

...Today is exhaustion; yesterday was wonder. Maybe the coming days can be the miracle. After all, "Medicine is magical and magical is art," and "I believe..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite