° WHEN YOU LOSE CONTROL - Published 12/2023
° ND, ASD, ADHD, Dyscalculia
° Novelist and member of The Authors Guild
Can't Focus
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I have to finish and pay attention but I cannot seem to focus. Why is it so hard to focus? Is this ADHD or my inner saboteur? Both? Neither? I just want to focus and finish!
Slow down and take the time to listen, really listen. Maybe it's taking time to sit down with a song you've heard a thousand times and really, deeply, listen to it. Really hear the words, the meaning. Maybe learn the story behind it.
"I don't know what it is like to not have deep emotions. Even when I feel nothing, I feel it completely." -Sylvia Plath It's the nauseously repeated story of I can't keep up because I'm autistic. It's the shock at the accusal that I care about shit that doesn't matter. It's the putting on a fake smile because not showing my best side at all times leads to fights. Dismissals. It's the probably stupid at this juncture in my life shock (should all that be hyphenated?) of trying so hard and putting in so much effort that no one appreciates. What did I expect? I put my heart and soul into a job, and it's either ignored or exploited, or I'm told point-blank that it doesn't matter. And people get mad that I feel bad for doing something for naught. Why am I the bad guy here? I love the Twilight Zone, but I didn't want to live in the fucking thing! It's what feels like a noose, the constant constant of being misunderstood. I expla...
Comments
Post a Comment