Hyperphantasia

From a book owls corner / google search:

[My] "condition [is] called hyperphantasia, where people vividly imagine whatever you say to them. Like, if you say “beach” for instance, a person with hyperphantasia will “see” a beach in minute detail in their mind, along with other sensory input.

From Reddit user molopp:

"For a long time reading has been one of the best activities I’ve ever come across...I’m starting to think this is because I have hyperphantasia. When I read, it’s as if I almost cease to see the words and just begin seeing and sensing the world I’m reading about, completely taking me out of reality."

I JUST learned that not everyone reads this way and it is blowing my mind. It explains why I've loved reading so much. It explains why I read so fast. It explains why I can read so quickly in my mind but am terrible at reading aloud. 

35 and I am JUST now understanding myself!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite