Erasing

I was today years old when I learned from a researcher that Louisa May Alcott was a trans person. 

How fascinating! How wonderful! But also, why am I just learning this now!? And for that matter, how did I never pick up on that? 

I've been watching or reading LMA-related things since the second grade. I was never femme and worshipped LMA and Jo March. How. Did. I. Miss. This. 

Why is so much queer culture erased? How sad. How despicable. 

It's like how I only learned a few years ago that Emily Dickinson was a lesbian. I was not too fond of her poetry and didn't understand the whole romanticization of the hermit legend. And then it all made sense. I got it. I understood it. 

How many other authors and, for that matter, poets, artists, historical figures, true stories are hidden? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite