Monday at Work

I thought I'd take the kids to the pool.

"Haha," said the rain, "You are a fool!"


"We want the trampoline park or arcade!" screeched little voices. 

Oh, good god, such noisy choices.


We made our way to Fun and Games down the street.

Oh, the headache I was to meet.


For after Space Invaders and Dino Blaster,

was the hurdle I was not to master. 


I cannot say this too profounder, 

there's the beast, the friggen cash-in counter. 


Heaps of prizes to delight each child;

but with low ticket numbers, you can't go wild.


"Jackson, you have forty-five tickets." 

No understanding, only crickets.


"What about the giant bear?" he asked, pointing toward it.

"Jackson, no, you can't afford it."


"Okay," he said, not understanding. 

"I'll take that toy boat," was his demanding.


"Forty-five tickets is all you have; maybe pick some candy."

Oh, how I wished I had Tylenol handy!


What felt like hours later and multiple explanation tries,

We left with one teeny package of sour gummy fries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite