Stomach heart

My anxiety flows like a violently cascading river down from my brain where it's recklessly bouncing off the pink, or is it grey, walls. It gets caught in my throat, aided in its nuisance by the pollen dust that makes a New England backyard look like the chartreuse dust bowl. It continues still, right to my stomach, and that's where it thrives. Good for it, bad for me. My stomach and heart seem to mold together just under my ribcage. They pound in a flopping sort of way. Sometimes it's right to left, and sometimes it's up and down. It's an annoying mix of fear, so much fear, and what-ifs for the bad and what-ifs for the good. When did simply existing become such an internal battle? An anxious, mental battle that will have no winner. Oh, right, this started when I was five. But that was decades ago, and now I'm on edge, a good one, I swear, because wow, does that sound terrible out of context. It's just the entire summer. Every day of my favorite time of year. It's fine, right? I've masked in more ways than one for all my existence. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAEB

Another One

It Doesn't Pay to be Polite